Tae Kwon Do
About Tae Kwon Do
- Korean Martial Art
- Korean Karate
- The way of Kicking and punching.
- The path of kicking and punching.
- The most practiced martial art around the world.
- The art of Kicking and Punching.
Tae Kwon Do is a martial art known for its kicking techniques: high kicks, spinning kicks, jumping kicks, fast techniques. It is a martial art with a strong moral center that promotes peace, harmony, and ultimately a better society. Tae Kwon Do is for anyone of any age and in any physical shape.
Tenets of Tae Kwon Do
Tae Kwon Do Oath
Tae Kwon Do is a great method of self defense for both children and adults.
Benefits for Children
- Improves sensory organization and balance control in children. (Gross motor development and coordination and flexibility)
- Physical Activity – Exercise
- Self-Esteem – Anger control – Builds confidence
- Self-Discipline – Goal Setting – Self-control
- Focus and Leadership – Children that participate in martial arts tend to have better performance in school
- Socialization – Communication Skills
Benefits for Adults
- Exercise – Coordination and Flexibility, builds stamina and strength, weight control, cardiovascular health, bone building, positive body changes
- Improved reflexes
- Self-Discipline – gain confidence
- Goal Setting – Improve focus and stillness
- Heightened Self-Esteem – Feel Happier, fight depression, promotes a good mood and spirit
- Improved Cognitive Function – Mental Clarity
- Relieve stress and anxiety
- Social Activity